The Planning Department guides growth and change in Cle Elum to enhance the character of the community; works in partnership with residents to address their interests and preserve strong, healthy neighborhoods. We continue to focus on a long term commitment to economic vitality, transportation freight mobility, environmental integrity, and development design quality through the sub-area planning, comprehensive plan implementation and development review. It is fundamental that we reflect the highest ethical and professional standards, and hold enduring respect for our customers and the public trust.
- Planning principals that promote rational, economical and environmentally efficient use of land, to allow Cle Elum to develop in a manner consistent with the goals of the community;
- Protection of the natural environment and the City of Cle Elum’s critical and unique natural resources;
- The utmost quality development and uses of the land through the application of conscientious regulations;
- Identification and protection of land to maintain open space and the natural beauty of the City of Cle Elum’s hillsides, trails, woodlands and scenic vistas;
- Both economic growth and the enhancement of Cle Elum’s quality of life;
- Safe and efficient modes of transportation; and
- Identification of land suitable for all types of housing for the City of Cle Elum’s residents.