The City is excited to share the following information about the 2019 Pine Street project! This project will connect Progress Path and the City sidewalk system through City Park on Pine Street from Second Street south to First Street, as well as improve pedestrian safety on First Street in the project vicinity.
This project will include the following elements:
- Upgrade stormwater on the SW corner of the Pine Street & First Street intersection.
- Reconstruct a portion of the SE corner of the Pine Street & First Street intersection.
- Construct an 8-foot wide asphalt pathway inside City Park, just east of the tree line on the east side of Pine Street.
- Install sidewalk with ADA ramps on the NE, NW, and SW corners of the Stewart View Drive and Pine Street intersection to convey the pathway to First Street. This sidewalk will connect with existing sidewalk on First Street in the vicinity of Cashmere Valley Bank.
- Install curbing along the east side of Pine Street from Stewart View Drive to First Street.
- Install two Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon pedestrian crossing lights with painted crosswalks on First Street.