A step over the threshold of the Carpenter House is a step into the past. This marvelous 1914 mansion, with its spacious rooms, tiny alcoves and third-floor ballroom, holds the story of Cle Elum’s first successful banker and his family. High Country Artists shares this historic house, and its art displays provide visitors an added […]
The oldest complete telephone museum west of the Mississippi with displays covering the history of telephone technology from 1876 to 1970. This was the location of the last operator-assisted, switchboard phone company in the Pacific Northwest Bell system spanning Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. PNW Bell closed this outpost of operator-assisted service in September 1966, and donated the building to the Northern Kittitas County Historical Society to be used as a museum. The museum also features a collection of coal mining artifacts.