City Heights Planned Mixed-Use Development
In November of 2011 the Cle Elum City Council approved a Master Site Plan, an Annexation and Development Agreement, and a Planned Action Ordinance for City Heights, a planned mixed-use development that includes the development of up to 962 dwelling units on 358 acres in the City of Cle Elum generally located north of 6th Street. The City has received and approved the first application to implement the approved Master Site Plan, a subdivision that will create 68 residential lots on 33-acres within City Heights Development Pods B7 and C, which are generally located north of the intersection of 6th Street and Steiner Street. This Phase 1 application also includes proposed improvements to Summit View Drive, the construction of several local streets and alleys, the construction of trails and a park, the installation of water, sewer, and stormwater improvements, and privately owned amenities that will be open to the public. This web page includes background information about this development as well as the Phase 1 approved Phase 1 improvements. In addition, information and documents will be added as the City processes the recently submitted Phase 2 application.
Project Status – New Information Posted June 21, 2021
On May 13, the City issued a Notice of Decision approving the Phase 1 Preliminary Plat application to create the first 68 lots in the City Heights Planned Mixed Use Development. The Project Sponsor has appealed this decision to approve the Phase 1 Plat application to the Cle Elum City Council. The date and time for the City Council to hear this appeal has not been set.
The City Heights Project Sponsor has recently submitted to the City a preliminary plat application to implement Phase 2 of this planned mixed use development, the creation of another 65 residential lots just to the west of the approved Phase 1 preliminary plat. The City has conducted an initial review of the Phase 2 application materials and has determined that additional information is required before the application can be reviewed for consistency with the approved City Heights Master Site Plan, Development Agreement, and Environmental Impact Statement. Please click here for more information on the City Heights Phase 2 Preliminary Plat application.
The Project Sponsor has received a permit from the Washington State Department of Natural Resources to begin forestry activities within the Phase1 and Phase 2 areas. This authorization includes the use of Alliance Road as the haul route subject to a permit and authorization from Kittitas County. Please note that the City has been advised that logging activities may commence the week of June 21, 2021 and that the trails on privately owned property in the vicinity will be closed to the public.
- Please click here for more information on the appeal of the Phase 1 Preliminary Plat by the Project Sponsor.
- Please click here for more information on the Forest Practices application approved by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources.
- Please click here for more information on the City Heights Phase 2 Preliminary Plat application.
- Please click on the following link to view the Notice of Decision for the Phase 1 preliminary Plat approval and the approval of the two associated Minor Modifications requested : click here
- Please click on the following link to view the SEPA Compliance Determination and Consistency Review for the Phase 1 Preliminary Plat and the two associated Minor Modifications requested : click here
- Please click on the following link to view a map that shows the location and general layout of the Phase 1 Preliminary Plat: click here
- Please click on the following link to view a map that highlights the proposed relocation of Summit View Drive: click here
- Please click on the following link to view responses to Frequently Asked Questions: click here
Phase 2 Preliminary Plat Application
Phase 1 Preliminary Plat Application
Phase 1 Preliminary Plat Notice of Application
Phase 1 Minor Modifications Notice of Application
- Public Notice
- Proposed Realignment of Summit View Drive – click here
- Public Comments
Phase 1 SEPA Compliance and Consistency Review
City Heights Background Information
- City Heights Master Site Plan
- City Heights Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
- City Heights Development Agreement
For More Information
Due to COVID 19 restrictions, it is not known when Cle Elum City Hall will re-open to the public. As a result, inquiries about the proposed City Heights Development may be submitted by calling and leaving a message at 509-674-2262 or by sending an email to our newly updated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to clearly provide your name, address, and information on how to respond to your inquiry and we will make every effort to respond in a timely manner.