The Cle Elum Downtown Revitalization Project will renovate the First Street (“Main Street”) corridor between Billings Ave (west) and Peoh Ave (east). The project is broken into at least three phases, with Phase 1 completed in 2018, and Phase 2 scheduled for 2020, and Phase 3 design work completed in 2020. Phase 3 construction is not yet funded.
- This section will be updated as funding is secured.
- Phase 1: First Street & Peoh Ave Intersection
- Phase 2: Billings Intersection, Billings to Oakes Sidewalk, & Downtown Stormwater
- Phase 3: Downtown Revitalization, Billings to Peoh
Additional Project Graphics:
This project is about $7 million in total, and the project team (City and consultants HLA) have received funding for approximately $3 million in the 2 years of planning, which has fully funded the Phases 1 and 2, and funded the design of Phase 3. The Project Funding Breakdown will be updated as additional funding is secured.
In the Media:
- AWC CityVision Magazine (Jan/Feb 2019)
- CWU Involvement (3/15/19)
- Cle Elum Old Town Revitalization, WA APA (1/18/07)
- Daily Record:
- Open House Display Boards (6/26/19) depicting various project features, from street trees to lighting to sidewalk and intersection design.
- Vicinity Map
Project social media & the city website will be updated as it is made available.
For questions about the project please call 509-674-2262 x102