Phase 2: Billings Ave and Downtown Stormwater Project
Phase 2 was completed in 2020.
A total of eight bids were received in December, 2019 with the low bid of $1,408,798.00 offered by Strider Construction Co. Inc.
The project was constructed between March – July, 2020.
- February 11, 2020 Open House handout
- 2020 Project Schedule
- Conceptual Block Design (Billings to Oakes)
- Billings Ave & Downtown Stormwater 100% Design Plans
- Billings Ave to Oakes Ave North Sidewalk 100% Design Plans
- Vicinity Map
Phase 2 includes three project components:
- First Street and Billings Ave Intersection Improvements
- The Billings Ave component of this project is the westerly bookend complement to the easterly bookend of the Phase 1: Peoh Ave intersection project. This project will construct rounded corners called “bulb-outs”, new pedestrian-level lighting with provisions for hanging flower baskets and banners, street trees with the potential for holiday lighting, benches, and garbage receptacles.
- Billings Ave to Oakes Ave Sidewalk Improvements (north side only)
- This project component will include all of the Billings Ave Intersection project features and will be Downtown Revitalization Project’s first sidewalk reconstruction example.
- Billings Ave to Peoh Ave Downtown Stormwater
- The Downtown Stormwater component of this project will include installation of new, functional stormwater infrastructure from Billings Ave to Peoh Ave (the Downtown Revitalization Project limits), including new curbs in places and larger storm drains installed more often along the corridor. This project will lay the infrastructure foundation to prepare for Phase 3.